Insurance - Critical Illness Insurance
Getting sick isn't something any of us like to think about. But it can happen. In fact, your risk of being diagnosed with a critical illness before age 75 is higher than your risk of dying in that time. But thanks to improvements in healthy living and medical science, there is a good chance you can recover and get on with life.
But getting better costs money. Treating and coping with illness can mean significant and often unexpected costs - costs that may not be covered by provincial or employee health plans.
Critical Illness insurance is designed to help you with the unexpected. It provides a cash benefit if you're diagnosed with one of the conditions as defined in your contract and you survive the waiting period. Money you can use any way you want:
- Find the best health care available
- Hire a nurse or caregiver to help you at home
- Provide income when you can't work or your partner can't work because they're accompanying you to treatment
- Protect your retirement plans
- Make sure your business survives
- Take a vacation or reduce your workload to help you recover